Surnames: Abbe - Bowman
Delta County has had four hospitals in a century. The first created in 1884 by the Delta County Board of Supervisor's at a cost of $8,903. It was named the James H. Tracy Hospital in honor of its first superintendent. Delta County sold the hospital in 1913 to the Third Order of the Sisters of St. Francis of Peoria, Ill.
This index is created from extracted information found in two County Hospital Ledgers. They are for the years 1897 through 1914. The different types of records were: cash patients (CP), paying patients, (PP), ticket patients (TP), company tickets (CT) and a bad debt an a loss to the county (P & L). These are not the medical records of patients but appear to reflect the day to day accounts receivable of the County Hospital. There is no further information than what is found in this index.